- 2 large red peppers, raw
- 1lb ground chicken
- 1/3 c hot sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 350⁰.
- Rinse and slice peppers in half lengthwise and then devein the peppers (cutting out all seeds and hollowing out pepper).
- Lines baking sheet with tin foil and spray with non-stick spray. Place pepper on tray and set aside.
- Cook ground chicken in skillet on medium to medium high heat. Continue to stir until cooked.
- Add hot sauce to chicken and mix.
- Once sauce and chicken is combined, stuff into pepper halves. You should be able to stuff all the chicken into the peppers evenly.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place peppers in oven for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers are cooked.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Kcals: 283, 15g fat, 29g protein
Serves 4, serving size: 1 pepper half
KP’s Tip: Pair with your favorite green vegetable or side salad for a colorful, low-carb and high protein meal!